I have spent the majority of my career as a professional educator, consultant and trainer, proficient in topics such as distance education, regional accreditation, and systems training. In addition to full-time work, I have kept busy raising my three children. I have also been and continue to be an active advocate for gifted and talented children in my local public schools and beyond.
After Patrick's death, I felt the need to understand why he took his own life. That journey of discovery uncovered many examples of how the intensity of his personality and the over-excitabilities that he exhibited contributed to his sense of despair on the night of his suicide. I knew that I had to tell Patrick's story, highlighting the exceptionalities he exhibited that are shared by many gifted youth and adults. It is my belief that by telling Patrick's story, other children's lives may be saved.
Over the past few years, I have given presentations to audiences of gifted and talented educators, parents and students. I enjoy working with audiences of all ages and interests who share a desire to learn more about gifted and talented issues.
If you are looking for a talented, knowledgeable facilitator to speak to your group about issues related to gifted and talented children or adults, look no further.
- Parent Nights
- Conference Sessions & Keynotes
- Student Sessions
Past Presentations on GT Issues:
Take Aways: As a professional educator, I understand the value of being able to put what you've learned to immediate use. Attendees at my speaking events receive my time-tested Summary of Strategies & Learnings, with best practices and recommendations for parents and educators in how best to support gifted and talented children and adults. Materials are provided online, for easy access.
- 2016 Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG), Typical Teenage Angst or Suicidal Ideation?, Williamsburg, VA, July 2016
- 2015 Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG), Behind Blude Eyes: The Impact of Intensity, Emotionality & Sensitivity on Teenage Boys, Denver, CO, July, 2015
- 2014 Jefferson County Gifted & Talented Parent Night, The Quiet Storm: The Impact of Introversion and Intensity on Boys, Golden, CO, November, 2014
- 2013 Colorado Association for Gifted & Talented (CAGT), The Quiet Storm: The Impact of Introversion and Intensity on Boys, Denver, CO, October, 2013
Excerpts from a typical hand out are below.
Next Step:Please email us at PatrickStrautFoundation@gmail.com to start a conversation about your particular needs.